Rating (1.5 out of 5)
Summary: Gal Gadot is a beautiful woman. That is the nicest thing I can say about “Wonder Woman 1984”. Don’t watch this movie, it isn’t worth your time.
I am just going to bullet the major negatives:
- Special Effects – If a film’s action sequences resemble a video game more than a movie, then the special effects are horrible. This quality is served in large doses in “Wonder Woman 1984.”
- Too Long – 2 1/2 hours to tell this story. I would understand the length if you had 2 or 3 spectacular fight scenes like Avengers. That isn’t offered here.
- Pace – The movie slows down so many times. An example is a scene where they steal a plane to get to Egypt and fly through fireworks on July 4th for what feels like 15 minutes. This doesn’t add to the story or movie in any way. 4 or 5 scenes similar to this suck the life out of the movie.
- Story – The story is lackluster, if not outright boring. The story is more of a love story than an action film. The love story slows the pace of the movie.
- Bad Guys – The bad guys are simply good people who wanted a little more. In Superhero movies, the bad guys need to be bad.
When the bad guy is defeated, there is little satisfaction than when they defeat a purely evil person.